Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 7

What a crazy weekend!  So, I was doing pretty good with Medifast, not perfect, but pretty good...until last night.  We had a big BBQ potluck bash in our cul-de-sac and I caved to the temptation.  I drank AND ate food that wasn't good for me.  Just look at this...

 Who could resist?  Apparently not me.

This morning I refused to let myself be derailed by yesterday's slip-up.  I made my Medifast banana shake (good stuff) and started drinking a ton of water again.  I'm going to give an update on my weight loss total for the first week tomorrow morning.  

I've got a ton of homework to finish up this week so I need to keep my blogging short.  Here's the reader's digest version of the past few days...Medifast Beef Vegetable Stew - pretty good with lots of green tabasco sauce.  Medifast Chicken Noodle Soup - not so good but not terrible, I wouldn't order it again.  Medifast Banana Pudding - gross!  My favs by far are the shakes (vanilla & banana) & bars (lemon meringue, caramel  and peanut butter).

I'm not struggling as much with hunger, but the other day at the grocery store, I found myself feeling discouraged with the limited choices of Medifast lean & green meals.  There are lots of healthy foods I enjoy that on another plan, I could eat and lose weight.  For example, fruit, carrots, beans and brown rice.  All things I love but all things I'm not supposed to have on Medifast.  The lack of options may be my downfall from sticking with the program religiously, but it will not deter me from my path to health & a skinnier bod.  I just need to find a balance that works for me.

Meanwhile, off to the gym to work off last night's bad choices!

 But so worth it!

P.S. I'm so proud of myself.  No coffee with tons of fattening, sweet cream or Dr. Pepper this week.  A HUGE accomplishment for me.




1 comment:

  1. The no creamer in coffee thing is HUGE! I had to give up coffee altogether because I'm one of those people who like a little coffee with my cream. ;) Happy for you, Aimee! You're doing GREAT!

    ReplyDelete