Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 2 of Medifast - Why go public?

Wow!  I knew Medifast would work but it was pretty cool to get on the scale this morning and see results so quickly.  I am down 2.7 pounds!!

So, last night I cheated a little bit.  I'm used to having ice cream, Oreos (or both)...before bedtime.  I should have planned for it, but I didn't so I ate an extra Medifast meal.  I figured that at least if I was going to cheat, this was the least harmful option.


Medifast Peanut Butter Soft Serve - This was pretty good but I think it could have been better with a different blender.  I'm just using my standard household blender and quickly realizing I'll probably need to upgrade in order to maximize the texture and flavor of the shakes, soft serve and possibly other Medifast foods I haven't tried yet.  I'm giving it an 8, but it's possible it could be a 9 with a better blender. 

You might wonder why I would want to be so public about my journey to weight loss and better health.  I've tried and failed so many times that in addition to trying a different program, Medifast in conjunction with a Take Shape for Life coach, this blog is a means of keeping me accountable.  If I know people are "watching", I'll be less inclined to cheat or quit.  So far the strategy is working because yesterday I had a period of feeling pretty low, hungry and tempted to eat something bad but then I reminded myself that I now have an audience.  I provided this link to family & friends I think will be supportive, but it's not about getting "Attaboys" or pats on the back; it really is about accountability.  Others may wander in for food reviews, etc.  I welcome any and all tips or suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I LOVE when I see results immediately!! That's why I love WW so much, I would see results so fast. That makes it easier to stick with. Looks like you're doing good!

    ReplyDelete